Wednesday, May 21, 2008

School/Family/Band... School. What a nerd

Yep that's me! Sorry... Haven't blogged in a while. I was going to a few weekends ago, but I was with family. I was going to Friday, but I was gone. Then Sunday, but I was busy. Then Monday, but I couldn't. So, here I am.

A couple Saturday's ago I went to my family's monthly "taco night". It was great. It was small-ish, but nice. We talked about O.J. Simpson and Israel. Some other things too, but those were the fun topics... Then we spent the night and stayed for Mother's Day. I hope you all love your mothers because I sure love mine. We celebrated and ate food and we were all family-like. Good stuff.

Last weekend I drove up to Stockton for a cousin's graduation from the University of the Pacific. Longest ceremony ever... 6 hours. Insane. So boring... Some speaker came up and started talking about gorilla meat, and zoos, and the Ebola virus. But it was fun to support my cousin... Staying with my family is exhausting. The first night I didn't get to sleep until 2 am. And the second night I had to force myself away from the party and go to sleep at 11.

I finished Ender's Game a while ago so now I'm reading Shadow of the Hegemon. It's the third book in the series. Before it was Ender's Shadow. So this is following those characters back to Earth and Greece and Armenia and stuff. It's pretty cool. More political than the other ones, but I'm enjoying it thus far. But soon I have to start summer reading... Oh well.

Six more days of school! Wow. Graduation is the 30th. I don't know that many seniors, so I can't say I'm going to miss all of them. But I sure will miss a few of them. Mostly band people... Yea, all band people... Most of them have been really nice to me, and I appreciate that. I look up to them. Well, I look up to the ones that don't scare me (*ahem* Paul...)

Next year is... intimidating. I'm nervous. Band Camp, it's just going to be starting all over again. I'm going to do horribly and trip over myself. Yep, I can see it now. I hope I'm next to someone I like next year... I enjoyed my spot this year. 59 I think. I was next to Brittany, who was hilarious. And then next to Sheena which was cool. I was two away from Clark, which kinda freaked me out, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Parades though, I was right next to him. That was scary. He's funny though... sometimes... It's entertaining. So next year should be okay... We'll see. Change kinda scares me. I don't hate it. I'm just nervous for it.

And some other issues are the college classes. I don't think anyone is doing Clarinet Choir with me next year, which would suck. But I'll still do it anyways. And then Monday Concert Band, I don't think they'll let me in. I hope so, but I don't think so. I'll audition either way... But next year isn't looking so good for me.

And then I'm nervous about lunch too. It's a silly thing to be scared of, but I'm curious who I'll be with. This year most of my freshman friends didn't have my lunch. Which was okay because I had Josh and Sheena. And they were great and I got to know more people because I didn't have those freshmen to cling to. But next year... I don't know who I'll be with. And I have to figure out how to regulate my friends. With non-band friends, and all my different band friends. I don't know... I'm probably just making a big deal. And now I'm ranting, so I'll shut up.

I just came back from my last Clarinet Choir. It was sad, but it was a great lesson. It was just us 5 QH people, which was more comfortable, and enjoyable. Dr. Price is hilarious. He just goes off sometimes, but he's an amazing player, and I really learned a lot from him this past semester. Thanks all you guys that helped me get into that class.

Monday I played at LPAC with Clarinet Choir. We sounded okay, but the Concert Band was great, and the Wind Ensemble was good too. I really enjoyed listening to them. Then yesterday was our much less exciting concert with just QH. It was okay. Our concert band is icky, but the other bands sounded better. It wasn't as interesting or as fun as LPAC, in my opinion, but it was still something so it was good.

Finals week coming up... I have a tests in Geometry, Biology, Spanish and History... I think. Then band I don't think I have anything. And in English we're doing this really fun thing with Romeo and Juliet. We're picking scenes and performing them in class. It should be good. So I'll be busy. Well, busier with this than the nonsense my teachers gave me the rest of this year.

Well, I think that's all. Sorry, no pictures. Have a survivable week!

-Julia

2 comments:

Marcea said...

We survived the week! Now all we have is 4 days! That are cut short! omg! I just can't believe how fast this school year has gone by! =[

Josh said...

You shouldn't worry too much about next year, I'm sure most of it will work out just fine. If you get stuck in lunch without your buddies again, you're welcome to come eat with us.

Clarinet Choir... I think I'm gonna sign up for it again and depending on my work load will go to some of the classes. I'd hate to see AVC scrap the Clarinet Choir because not enough people signed up for it...