Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Belated Chocolate Pudding Day

Yes, that's right. June 26th: National Chocolate Pudding Day. I discovered this in May, and spread the news to the rest of my family. By the time the day came, we were all pretty excited for it. So we went to Albertson's and bought some pudding (chocolate, of course) and sat together and ate that after lunch. Then my mom and I made the best chocolate pudding we've ever attempted to cook. Then, once again, we sat down together and celebrated National Chocolate Pudding day. It sounds silly, but my family is silly. So it's justified. Fun time. I'm glad we all get along...


My avc class has finally started, with our real teacher deciding to show up. In Jamaica? What kind of an excuse is that? (Kidding... By the way... I understand sarcasm is hard to translate over the computer...) It's a pretty easy class as of now, but I know it will get harder. And the review is good for me anyway...


I have this babysitting gig set up with my best friends parents. I get up at 5, go to her house at 6:15, entertain the boys until 4:30 and then go home... It's horrific and extremely tiring. One of them is 9 and the other is 6. The older one is actually pretty obedient and he helps out with the little one... But it's tough. And it wears thin on my patience. But it's worth it, and I only have 7 full days to go...


So You Think You Can Dance is just as amazing as any other season. I'm really enjoying it. By the top 16 it's already tough to watch some of the dancers go. Mark and Chelsie H. are my favorite couple as of yet. Kherington and Twitch are an extremely close second. Joshua and Katee are high on the list. Kourtni and Matt are worth mentioning as well... I could go on with the dancers I love, but it's almost all of them. Here's Mark and Chelsie's "Lyrical Hip-Hop" routine... Whatever that means...


A couple hours ago I finished my latest book "Shadow of the Hegemon". I really enjoyed it. In my opinion, Orson Scott Card is an amazing author. I've only read 3 and a half of his books, but I really liked all of them. I've read Ender's Game, followed by Ender's Shadow, then Shadow of the Hegemon. Next comes Shadow Puppets. This last one was really political, and hard to follow at points, but intense and entertaining. I like the way this critic put it- "The novels of Orson Scott Card's Ender series are an intriguing combination of action, military and political strategy, elaborate war games, and psychology." Plus some historical references. It sounds just nerdy enough for me.


I finished my first summer reading book a while back "The Curios Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime". I'll try not to be to negative about it. I can't say I liked it, but it interested me. I liked seeing the way he thought things out, even if it was perversely wrong. I think the author relayed some emotions well. Decent book I guess, but some of the images it gave were just too creepy for me to enjoy the book completely... Just my opinion.


Well, I should get to bed, I suppose. Have a great weekend.


-Julia

1 comment:

Sheena said...

I remember that book Curious Incident...It was pretty weird and yeah I forgot what I thought about it. Life of Pi is pretty flat in a lot of parts and I couldn't wait to be done with that one. It has a lot of symbolism. I hope you have a good english teacher but if you happen to have the one we had we will definitely give all the support and encouragement to survive...

chocolate pudding..sounds really really good right now. aww i want some now. haha ill just eat muffin.

Ive forgot about blogging and keeping up to date. I guess the end of school with all the finals just got up to me. And then i was stressed about math after school ended. so im sorry!

mannn i dont want 9 oclock to come!