Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Movies, Fathers, Music... and Movies.

Summer is still boring, so I don't have so much to blog about. Eh, all just fill in all the blanks with random topics. Sound good? (My introductions here are getting worse and worse.)

So, I've certainly kept up my movie marathon. Since my last post I've watched 11 and a half movies. I think... I lost track. So I might be missing some. This time they were mostly reject movies that came on the TV at midnight. I tivoed them anyway. A lot of them were bad, but I watched them. I had to finish them once they started...


  • Yours, Mine and Ours- It's about two people that get married and bring together 18 kids. It was cute, I guess. Some of it was funny. Them playing off the whole huge family thing...

  • Underclassman- This kid cop goes to a high school to solve a murder. It was an action movie. But I think it was supposed to be a comedy too... They weren't so good with that part...
  • The Circuit- ABC Family original movie. Enough said?

  • Mission to Mars- These astronauts go to Mars, but something bad happens while they are there, and most of the team get killed. So they have to send up a rescue team. So the movie is basically them getting up to Mars. I was kinda disappointed when I found out it was all about aliens. But they put a twist on it, so it was almost satisfying...

  • Sabrina- The 1995 version with Harrison Ford. I can't tell you which I liked better. Probably the version with Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn. Black and White. Pretty much classic. But it's a tough choice. I liked them both.

  • Jumper- We actually rented this one and Sabrina. It was a decent movie. The action was actually entertaining. It wasn't just- car chase, shooting, fighting, more shooting... It went places, and was somewhat fun to watch.
  • RV- Awful movie. Please don't watch it.

  • Herbie Fully Loaded- Possibly even worse than RV. Hard to tell.
  • Sleepless in Seattle- Personally, not my favorite Meg Ryan/ Tom Hanks movie. It was too easy to tell where the plot was going.
  • Clueless- Stupid high school movie. Not as bad as Can't Buy Me Love, but it's pretty stupid. I don't think I finished it... It was just on.

  • Local Hero- I only watched half of this one. It's about businessmen that go to Scotland. It was hard to hear and I got tired of turning the volume up. So I just stopped watching it... My tolerance level was low that day...

  • Kung Fu Panda- Yea, again. Not the type of movie I would have thought to see again, but I did.
  • The Abyss- Really, really intense. It makes you so anxious it's crazy. It's a really great movie I guess. But I can't say I liked it. Because it made me so frustrated and it was hard to watch sometimes. But it was good. I can't really describe it, so I'll stop trying.

The second Monday we were out of school, Marcea and I went to Hillview in the morning. We went up to the band room to help our old band teacher, Mr. Farris. I think it was some 2 hours that we spent organizing and filing all three bands' music. It was fun though. And now I've practically memorized the order they go in: Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet... Something like that... And then we took down everything on his walls. That took a couple more hours. With breaks here and there that is. Then for the rest of the time the three of us just sat there and talked. That is, until those stupid brass players came in. (Just kidding.) Yea, three other Hillview alumni came in, and it was pretty cool to see them again. Then Marcea and I ate at Carl's Jr. and watched a movie. Good day.

For Father's Day we went and celebrated with my cousin's family. (Cousin's cousin... Whatever.) We had lunch and then we were all family-ish and stuff. My uncle, my cousin and I had a deep conversation. Well, I guess I should say my uncle and my cousin did. I just took it all in. They would look at me sometimes and say "Do you have anything to add?" I don't even notice, that I'm not saying anything... I just listen... It's what I do. And on the topic of Father's Day: I personally love my father. He's great. Oh, my band dad isn't too bad either.

My avc class started this week. It's pretty easy so far. But it'll get harder, I know. I have way more people I know in that class than I expected, so that's a good thing. Well, I think that's a good thing. It also means I have to try to make small talk during break. I hate small talk...

A happy belated birthday goes to Josh. We went to Dennys and a movie for this "celebration of life". That's when I re-watched Kung Fu Panda. I think we all had a good time.

I still have way to much free time. You can tell by my progress in Kingdom Hearts 2. 25 hours... I find that upsetting/ pathetic... But I'm having fun with it. I kinda screwed it up, because I went backwards in a way. But I think it's back on track now. I'm revisiting worlds now, and I've beat most of them. Beauty and the Beast, Olympus Coliseum, Nightmare Before Christmas, Pride Lands... I can't remember them all. But it is fun. Every time I do something exciting, I run and tell my brother about it. Then he just rolls his eyes and says "Wow... Good Job...". (He's beat the game twice.) I like it though, and I'm actually getting somewhere with it.



So You Think You Can Dance is back on. Good show. It's one of the ones my family and I wait for all year. And the judges actually know what they are talking about, and give advice. Great dancers too. They get better each year. Twitch is my favorite as of now. Here's one of the better dances of the night by Joshua and Katee. Background story: The guy has to go to war, and his girlfriend just found out. It's cute. America's Best Dance Crew is coming on soon too. It's not as good, but I still enjoy some of it. Tomorrow is the premier I think...

Enjoy the rest of your week. Summer starts Friday. The AV is so screwed up. It's been summer for too long already here...

-Julia

2 comments:

Marcea said...

Hey! I agree with you on the movie RV. That movie was HORRIBLE! But Herbie Fully Loaded was a cute movie! That hurt that u said it was as bad as RV ='[ Anyways, i'll talk to you later! Oh! Helping Mr. Farris was AWESOME!

ILY
~Marcea

Josh said...

Nice reviews, I know who I'm coming to with questions about movies.

Thanks for coming to my get-together. Good time, though we definitely overplayed Apples to Apples...

Good luck w/ KH2, keep me posted if you could.