Friday, July 18, 2008

I Love Juice

Sudden realization the other day as I was getting ready to eat my breakfast-for-dinner: I love juice. It's great stuff. I had some Strawberry Kiwi. And then some Orange-Peach-Mango. It was delicious. You guys should all go drink some juice now.

I've figured it out that I don't have a free day until school starts again. Wait, take it back- I have two. Yes! The 21st and 29th of July... Oh yea... That's exciting. Between babysitting, school and family I have no extra time. It's pretty crazy and really tiring.

Earlier this month, my cousin Haley flew in from Maryland. Last time I saw her was two summers ago, and she's changed a lot. It's been really cool spending these past couple of weeks with her. But now my other cousin stole her, and I won't see her as often. Here are some pictures of her and me, when we visited the Devil's Punchbowl this morning.





As most of you know, I have a slight obsession with the show So You Think You Can Dance. Last week we got tickets to see a taping of the Thursday night show (the vote off show). So last night, my mom, dad, cousin and I went to the show! We went inside the studio and everything. It looks so big on TV, but it's tiny in there. We got to see two dances, plus some solos. We saw all of the dancers and I was close enough, I could've touched Mark and Gev. You could see both of my parents on the TV screen a couple of times, because we were in the spot that the camera goes to the most. It's amazing being there, and so much fun. Oh and I also learned that Mary Murphy smiles, even off-camera. Great, great time, and I hope I get to go to another taping soon. After that we walked around in the Grove for a while. We went through the Farmer's Market and I got some Coca-Cola from Mexico, with real sugar, instead of High Fructose Corn Syrup. So much better... Then we kept walking until they started complaining about their feet. Come on, 7 hours standing up- no big deal.

Last Wednesday I went to Terra Nova at my church and they showed this video of Rob Bell. One part I'd like to show you, if you want to see. It's really funny to me. It's about the naming of the animals in Genesis. He does some more with this, but I can't find a video that has it.


The new Relient K cd is out and I just got it in the mail yesterday. The Bird and the Bee Sides. It's 13 of their new songs, and 13 older ones. Sadly, it's not as good as their last album- Five Score and Seven Years ago. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm still a huge fan of Relient K, I'm just a little disappointed right now. Some of the songs sound a little country-ish to me and one of the few genres of music I cannot stand is country. But I like the rest of the album, and I'd recommend it.


I'd better go watch Hatari. Finally, now that I have a free moment. Enjoy summer.
-Julia

2 comments:

Josh said...

Did your Mexican coke come in a glass bottle?...if it did then it's authentically Mexicano. There's some pretty gnarly Mexican "food & drink" out there.

Sheena said...

Juice is indeed really super good. Mango juice is my fave.

ahha you don't like country? wow i never knew that.

cant wait till the wedding!!