Thursday, July 24, 2008

Weddings, Parties and Socializing... Ew

Last Saturday I went to my first wedding ever. It was a friend's- Alex. The whole thing was really sweet. It was a relatively small wedding, compared to what I imagine a wedding to be. I saw an old friend from middle school there too. So I sat and talked with her. Which was hard, but I guess I pulled it off. So weddings are nice, and now I can't wait until my sisters.

Right afterwards we went to a party of another family friend. They are insanely rich, so the party was amazing. They had at least three different caterers, a wait staff and a drink bar. I was telling my cousin Hailey that I felt bad when the waiters came to take our cups and plates and things. I wanted to stand up and say "I can do it myself you know...". And we both agreed that one of the waiters looked exactly like Chase from the TV show House. One of the guests there was the writer and director of the show Gilmore Girls. Susan, who was throwing the party is her sister-in-law. Pretty crazy stuff... Yea, good time. I had some Crush soda...

Yesterday I went bowling with a mass of clarinet players. It was fun, and I sucked. 80 was my highest score. Yea, it was frustrating. Especially with John at some 150. I had a strong urge to kick him after he got his 4th or 5th spare. I should have... And then today I went bowling again with family including Haley from Maryland. (Not the same Hailey from the party, if you care.) And I bowled worse than the first time. Oh well...

I'm going camping tomorrow... Doheny. Even though I went to the beach 2 weeks ago, I'm still excited for it. I can't remember the last time I went camping. Oh, and we're bringing lots of cards, to play Nerts. Hopefully we'll get more of them hooked. And maybe Hailey can beat us this time. Okay, I'm off to Costco...

-Julia

2 comments:

Sheena said...

Have a fabulous time at Doheny!! Nerts? I'm assuming its a game (ahah durr)..teach me, teach me! (please;D)

emily saint pierre said...

I love Relient K, they speak to my soul.

I am having a very good summer but I'm ready for school to start, I must say after four years of band/drama/honorsish classes you kind of get addicted to working yourself to death. Haha

Anyways how's your summer been?!