Saturday, February 21, 2009

School and TV

I guess that describes my life at the moment... Wait, friends and family might be somewhere in there too.



For the last week I've been stressing trying to decide whether I should go AP or IB. After talking to friends and teachers, I'm going to go with IB. I don't have any obvious reasons for this choice, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. I'll have my IB diploma taped to the top of my cardboard box I'll be living in after I major in Music. Oh yes, playing Apples and Apples earlier today, the green card was "Hopeless". (Sorry if you're not familiar with the game.) And Heather says "Julia... No, Julia's career." Thanks Heather... Yet, completely accurate. When she's working for NASA she's agreed to house me. Sorry, too many inside jokes, and she doesn't even read this.


So my tentative schedule for next year is:
IB English HL
IB History of the Americas HL
IB Music HL
Spanish 3
IB Math Methods
IB Chem SL


I'm not going to go into it too much because everyone that reads this has probably heard my plan more than once.


I just got a review packet today for Chemistry. It's 142 pages of definitions, AP short answer questions, and worksheets. I'm anxious to get started.


I watch too much TV for my own good. But I watch them all on the weekends, so it's not like it interrupts my schoolwork. Here's the list of shows I've been watching regularly: 24, House, Lie to Me, America's Best Dance Crew, Monk and Psych. Lie to Me is new, recommended by Priscila. I've been liking it so far. Another new one that I've only watched once is "Dollhouse". Interesting concept, where basically the doctors can medically trick their patients into believing they're whoever the clients need them to be. Then they sell their services to the clients... I'm not getting that right. It's interesting, but I doubt I'll stick with it. I know that America's Best Dance Crew is on MTV and hosted by Mario Lopez, (Shut up with the puns. It's painful.) but it's almost worth it. Some of the dancers are great in my opinion. Quest crew is my favorite this season, considering 3 of them came from So You Think You Can Dance. Impressive dances- that's the only reason why I put up with the slang ("Representin" "Tight dog". What does that even mean?) and the horrible hosting. (It's not as bad as Superstars of Dance though.) Monk and Psych- I'm starting to think I'm obsessed with homicide.


I watched Chicago, the musical, the other day. The songs were disappointing but the way they portrayed the different situations was really interesting. Like representing the execution as a circus act, and the trial as a tap dance. My favorite song was probably "Cell Block Tango". And I liked the way they represented the press conference. It's a quirky movie, and not amazing. But enjoyable enough.


Oh yea, I think we went to Disneyland the other day. Almost forgot. I had an amazing time, and I went on the most rides I'd ever been on in one trip. Thanks to those who let me hang with them. I appreciated it.


Thanks Sheena for introducing me to Kina Grannis. Here's one of my favorites if anyone's interested.


Sorry I haven't blogged in a while. But I don't actually have a life to talk about.

-Julia

No comments: