Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy February

I wanted to post again, just for the sake of having two posts in February. I have about an hour... Good thing I don't have much to say...

Multi Cultural assembly was on yesterday. Congrats to all who participated. It turned out well. I really enjoyed the tinikling. Might have been due to how much I'd heard about it before hand. I was impressed. I screamed for them, and I don't usually do that in public.


I went to an Academy Awards party last Sunday where a bunch of white people at a bunch of Chinese food and sat and watched... the Academy Awards... I was really pleased with Slumdog Millionaire, and I think it was well deserved. Us white people have this competition at this party. (Oh yea, I'm white. Don't be too surprised...) You vote for the movies you think might win, and see how well you match up with how the Academy votes. Last year I won for last place and this year I tied for first. However lame it is, I was proud of myself.


I watched this movie last weekend called Dr. Strangelove. It was made in the 60's. Director of A Clockwork Orange. It's about the Cold War, during the Cold War. So I'd imagine it might have been controversial. It's a really strange movie, and I'm not sure I recommend it. But there are some clever bits in there that make it worth it.
On Thursday I went to the courthouse to watch Kyle and others participate in their second mock trial competition. They did really well, but that might have been due to the fact that Lancaster did such a poor job. I was really impressed and the case never lost my attention. Nithya had a really good closing statement, as well as Kyle with his opening. I was glad I got to go, even if it did meaning starting my homework at 11.
I guess Sheena's gotten Priscila and Marcea hooked on Kina Grannis. Here's "Strong Enough." It's a nice angry song. I'm emotionally attached I think.
With the finale of America's Best Dance Crew coming up, Quest did a couple performances the other night. I really enjoy what they do. It's really clever if you look into it and it cheers me up. This challenge they had to incorporate different styles of dancing into their choreography. They did a good job. Then again, they always do.
I don't have much of a life other than that. Have a good rest of February.
-Julia

1 comment:

Marcea said...

Hey!

Sheena does have me hooked on Kina Grannis o_0

I watched that episode of ABDC, and it was really good! Quest Crew and Beat Freaks are truly deserving to be in the finale. Both performances were great, but i'm kind of leaning towards Quest Crew!

They're both amazing! I'm happy with whoever wins. =]