Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Beach (Beaches)

Jeez, it's almost 9 and I haven't eaten yet. The family and I have been at Newport beach since Thursday. We have some friends that live down here. It's really great. They have a house right on the beach. But it's not even a crowded beach. It's like they have their own little cove. So we've been relaxing and being a family and stuff. They have a son that lives in Switzerland with his family, and they're all down to visit. It's really cool listening to Tim talk about all of his stories. Like the wedding he went to in London, or the trip to Vienna. But another cool thing to hear is his two daughters talking to each other. They speak Swiss- German, along with some english. So I'll try to get some pictures up here later. However, this isn't my computer, so there's not much I can do.

We went camping last weeked, at yet another beach. My aunt and uncle came, as well as two of their daughters, Jessica and Ashely. Then their aunt, uncle and cousins came. Also their other cousin, Hailey (the one I consider my cousin) and her mom... I lost track... I think that's everyone. So the total was 16, I think. It was a great time. My cousin Haley from Maryland told us to use Reese's instead of chocolate with our smore's. I think my mom said it best- "It'll be hard to go back". It was really good... I went on at least 5 bike rides on a path along the beach. It was really refreshing. I think I'm addicted. I'll get some pictures of that trip up later too.

Mark went home on So You Think You Can Dance. It's depressing, but I'll get over myself soon enough. The finale is next Wednesday. And then no more of that show until next year... Too bad.

I have a cousin that's on semester at sea. I don't know if anyone cares, but her and her boyfriend started a blog. The only thing that I think any of you would want to see are the pictures of these great places. They've already been to Canada, Italy, Norway and Russia. Pretty cool stuff... So it's pseurotrip.blogspot.com.

I'm going to go play Nerts. (I know, obsessive.) Still waiting for dinner...

-Julia

1 comment:

Josh said...

Russia AND Norway??? Okay that's kinda creepy how out of all the destinations in Europe, they chose to go to those two places (which as you know are the ones I want to go to as well). Nice pics.