Saturday, March 28, 2009

Easy Life in Newport

As I'm sitting here looking at the ocean 15 feet away from me, I'm realizing how much homework I have to do before school starts up again tomorrow. But I've put off posting for a few weeks now, so I feel obligated. I know I'm lame for blogging when I'm at the beach, but it's all the time I have.



Spring break has gone by way too fast, but I'm thankful for the things I've gotten to do. I had a "sleepover" the other day. I can't remember the last time I've had people spend the night. Might've been my 12th birthday party or something. I've gotten together with people to study Chemistry for some 12 hours. Ryan had us watch a pirated version of Slumdog Millionaire from Vietnam. But other than that, I got caught up on Chemistry for the most part, even though I'm still behind studying for the AP Exam.



I went over to Mitch's the other day to learn how to swing dance. I almost forgot how much I love to dance. Even though it's so physically demanding (doesn't always look like it, but it is), it's so much fun. So fast-paced. I'm still sore three days later, but it's worth it.


After that my dad and I drove down to Newport to stay at a friends house, right on the beach. So being here has stopped me from doing anything productive whatsoever. Yesterday my dad and I met up with Priscila, Marcea and her mom and aunt. We rented some bikes and rode them from Newport pier to Huntington pier. It was a 12 mile round trip and it took us a little under two hours. It was so much fun, but my legs hurt now. I'm still more sore from dancing though. I love bike riding, especially by the beach, so I had a great time.


I saw the Grunion Run for the first time Thursday night. There were fish everywhere. Up on the shore, and you couldn't see the ocean floor through all the fish. As DJ (the family friend that lives here) said it "It's amazing, but disgusting."


Solo Ensemble went pretty well. My performance could've been better, but everyone's could've been better in some aspect. I'm not going to say much more, because it seems to just make people angry. But I thoroughly enjoyed listening to everyone's performances. It's always nice to have an opportunity to listen to your peers on what they've worked so hard on. There were some people I still wanted to see though. Like Priscila and Laura's duet, as well as Jessica and Emily's. So now that this year's solo ensemble is over, all that's left is to get ready for next year's.



Here's another Kina Grannis. I bought one of her albums on Itunes the other day, and I really enjoy it. Listening to it right ow, actually. This is the Goldfish Song. The one I told you about Priscila. (Sad I know exactly who reads this. All four of you.)


I was going to try to put this picture up, but it's too small. I'll just send a link. I wish there were really cards like this. I'd but them.


Have a good remainder of spring break. Hope you all didn't procrastinate as much as I did.


-Julia

No comments: