Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Yes, Happy St. Patrick's Day. And Happy belated Pi Day. And I might as well wish you a Happy early Easter. I had this revalation today remembering that I am indeed Irish. I'm dissapointed in how little I have celebrated St. Patrick's Day today. Oh well, I'm not that Irish.

Saturday the 15th was the day of the long- awaited Solo/ Ensemble festival. The trio I played with Melissa and Marcea got Superior, which was a complete shock. And Monochrome III also got Superior as well as command performance. That was exciting, and I'm really thankful for being a part of that ensemble and playing with such great clarinetists. So afterwards I went over to Sheena's house with Marcea, Josh and John. It was so much fun and probably the best time I've had in the past few months. We played ping-pong (during which Sheena was conveniently pelted with multiple ping-pong balls), pool and guitar hero. John is an idiot and was an amazing guitar hero player. It was all a ton of fun. (Thanks for inviting me Sheena!)
So the other day I went up to my grandma's house and we met with some family friends from Modesto. There, I found out about their son Chance, who has a band. I don't know how dedicated they are, but they sound really good. It's called the Kinzie Affair. (By the way, the link is to myspace, which I'm kind of against, but it was the only way I could show everyone what the band is about.) Another story: Chance's dad teaches a human relations class at some high school, and he needed a song for this video they were doing. So Chance just wrote and recorded one. I really like the video too. So yea, you can check it out if you want to.

Spring Break brings lots of rest and lots of boredom. I've watched 2 movies and it's only Monday. We rented a few more too, which I plan on watching tomorrow. Among them are "Amazing Grace" (It's about parliament and British politics. I'm such a history geek.), "Ocean's Thirteen" and "Michael Clayton". I also plan on watching "The Princess Bride" and possibly "Hunt for Red October" (It's about Russian submarines in WWI. Yes, history, I know.) I also watched some of "Howl's Moving Castle". I like some of the soundtrack. It's nice and it really fits the movie.

I just went to Costco yesterday, so now we have a very wide selection of fruit. It's really exciting. Let's see, we have kiwi, bananas, tangerines, apples and a pineapple. I love fruit.

I think that's all I have to write about. Other than school work, and Solo/ Ensemble I really haven't done anything worth mentioning. Have a wonderful, relaxing spring break!

-Julia

2 comments:

Sheena said...

you are glad to come over again..oh and thanks for inviting me over today!!!! ill try to stay longer but yeah it was funny watching August Rush..and Josh's comments here and there. Hopefully I see you guys again tomorrow!

Yes fruits! Good picks...

thanks for the quesadillas!(spelling?) I ate them in Marcea's Dad's car....

Priscila said...

what's up my homie g? i just wanted to comment ur blog. ily and peace!