Sunday, March 9, 2008

Happy March!

Yes, indeed. Happy March. And Happy Daylight Savings Time. As of 2:00 this morning, I believe.

This week has been pretty hectic. Lots of practicing for solo ensemble, which is coming up quickly. Just today I practiced for about 4 hours. Lots of fun. I still need to practice a lot. But it should all turn out okay. I hope...

I had a variety of tests. A history quiz and spanish essay on Thursday. Then geometry, biology and english tests on Friday. And I'm sure others that I'm not thinking of. But that was all fun. I'm fairly confident that I got decent grades on most of those.

The band and I went to Littlerock High School on Thursday for a competion. Symphonic band sounded great and got a really good score. Concert band (mine) did okay, and got and okay score. It wasn't the best we could have done it, so I was rather disappointed. But we did good in the sightreading part of it. Actually a lot better than I thought we would, even though the song was really easy.

Yesterday was the Almond Blossom Parade. I don't really have any comments. It wasn't good or bad. Average, I suppose. After the parade I went to visit my family, which was awesome. (It always is.) My dad's side of the family does this thing every 2nd Saturday of the month. It's called Taco Night and we all go to my uncle and aunt's house and eat these amazing tacos. So I did that last night. I mostly hung out with my sister and my cousin's cousin (we've decided to just adopt each other as cousins. We're close enough to be sisters, so why not cousins?) And also with this kid named Timmy. I shouldn't call him a kid considering he is kind of a high school graduate. But I was just introduced to him, and he's pretty cool. (Let's see if I can get this- he is my cousin's boyfriend's cousin... I think.) Anyway, that was a fun night. I got to be with alot of people I love, and that's always good for me.

Other things that have happened that aren't worth their own paragraph: We got new Clarinet Choir music. It's pretty. I like it; Project Runway ended- Yay for Christian; My brother is learning the clarinet; My sisters official (almost official) wedding date is September 1st! I get to be a bridesmaid. And it will also be the first wedding I've ever attended; I cleaned my room today and according to Marcea it is quite "spacious"

Oh yes, I just remembered. The other day I watched "Letter's from Iwo Jima". I don't remember how many Japanese people I saw kill themselves, or saw kill some one else. It happened to be my first R- rated movie, and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I won't ruin it for any one that hasn't seen it, but i was satisfied with the ending.

I've been watching the History Channel more frequently lately, and I saw this show called "Battle 360". It's about the USS Enterprise, and some of the battles it went through in WWII. So far there's been one about Pearl Harbor, and other various Japanese Islands. And then I'm half-way through one on Tivo about Midway. (Tivo is great, I love it.) So for anyone that enjoys the history channel/ history in general/ WWII/ the Navy, try to catch this show. I really like it.

Okay, I came on here not really knowing what to say, so I think I wasted enough time for tonight.

-Julia

No comments: