Monday, February 18, 2008

Band, Band, Band

Gosh, I love band and music and the clarinet, and everything related to these things. You might get tired of me talking about music, but, eh, i don't care.
I just got back from practicing Monochrome III, and boy do I love it. I love playing with these people because they really care about music and they're all fantastic players. And Schickele is amazing. That song is horrific at times, but then beautiful the next second. Oh, and I learned on Wednesday (our first rehearsal date) that I have a solo! It's only one bar and one note, but it's a solo! And it's a fermata too! I have total control for one whole measure. I was so psyched. So yes, practice went well, and I'm really excited for it all.
Yesterday Marcea came over and we practiced for our trio, and then just played random music. It was loads of fun. We pulled out some of our Jr. High music and played that. Honestly, some of those songs are harder than the ones we play in Concert Band.
We had our second Clarinet Choir class last Wednesday, and it was great. I'm kinda hoping we get less jazz- sounding pieces, but I like it none-the-less. I love playing with these musicians too. They're fun, but they take it seriously at the same time. And Dr. Price. I can't wait to just keep soaking in all of the knowledge he's giving us. Yea, last Wednesday was great. Monochrome rehearsal, practicing at home, going to clarinet choir. Good stuff.
The more music-related things I do, the happier I become. It's a great thing. I really hope I can pull off becoming a full-on musician in the future.
Okay, I'm done talking about band (for now). I'm a total geek, but hey, at least I'm aware.

So the other day, my cat (her name's Annabelle) walks into the house from the backyard and her fur is brown. We were only concerned because her fur is actually white. She was covered in dirt. So we ushered her into the bathroom, where we proceeded to give her a bath. This would seem like a stupid idea to most people, but Annabelle is just weird. She likes water. In the morning, she goes and lays in the sink, and doesn't move when someone turns the faucet on... It's really strange, so I won't try to explain it, but she like water. So yea. The bath worked, and now Annabelle's fur is it's normal color. I have pictures on my phone, but I don't know how to get them on the computer, so too bad. Sorry.

I took a few friends to chruch the other day, and it was great. I think they enjoyed themselves, at least I hope they did. We went to In-N-Out afterwards too. I love it there. The french fries actually taste like potatoes. It's amazing! I really like my church. It's unique and kind of strange, but it suits me. We have our own youth building, our own youth band, and quite a few youth pastors. So, it's pretty youth- oriented. Oh, we have our own Starbucks too. Oh yea- And if any one ever wants to come with, (be it anyone that I know...) just let me know, and I'd be thrilled to take you.

I've determined that I watch too many movies. This weekends count is... 3 and 1/2. Which might not seem like a lot, but it's all relevant. Like, that probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, considering I have a research paper due in English in a week. (Opps.) And assigned reading questions due in a week and one day. And a History project due in... what do you know, a week. So yea, I guess I should find better uses of my time. Like practicing my clarinet! See, there are other ways to procrastinate.

Well, there you have it. Band, cats, church, movies, band. Yep. That's my life... Sorry if this post was a little scattered.

-Julia

3 comments:

Marcea said...

Anabelle is such a sweetheart! She is such a free, happy, funny, cat! haha that is so funny how she let you bathe her!

hey! thanks for taking me with you to church! I really liked that service!! It was fun! haha, and now I share my beverage knowledge with people...hhahaha

Well, ttyl!!!
<3 Cea

Sheena said...

Your cat likes water?! wow thats really neat. haha even when the faucet turns on. cats=awesome.

Yay for Julia's monochrome solo!!!You have total control of a fermata. You own that fermata gurl!(jk jk thats about as gansta as its goona git) sorry..i will stop.

I did my research paper for Mrs. Black last year on Dr. Mengele..ohh it was simply atrocious. The Holocaust makes me cry especially when I spend a lot time looking at graphics. *sniffle*

On a brighter note...
I'm very proud to call you a fellow band/cat/church/movies/band friend! yay!

Julia said...

Annabelle is an amazing cat, as are most. Yep, she likes water.
Marcea- I'm so glad you liked the service! You can come w/ anytime. What was it? Saspirilla? And "Of course he knows how to say cocaine." That was mean. But funny.
Sheena- Oh my goodness, that was hilarious. "gansta" i love it. eww, i really wouldn't want to do Dr. Mengele. I'm doing the American Homefront in WWII. Really nothing to do with the holocaust.
Thanks for commenting guys!