Thursday, February 7, 2008

Welcome?

Hi. I'm Julia... Due to the insisting of a few friends, I now own this blog. Just a heads up- I don't completely know how this works so I'm kind of expirimenting right now. Hmm. I hope this works.
Well I guess i'll just start typing and see how it turns out. An introduction is in order. I'm Julia. I go to QH. I'm a freshman. I'm in the Pre- IB program and will most likely move over to some AP classes. But I'll figure all that out in due time.
I've played the clarinet for about 6 years now, and I'm pretty sure I'll want to play it for the rest of my life. It's pretty awesome to be able to play a musical instrument and be surrounded by people who have the same musical skills as you. I also play the tenor saxophone. It's pretty awesome too. I played it for Jazz Band throughout middle school.
I'm in the marching band at QH and the concert band as well. Concert band isn't really anything special (no offense to anyone in it). I'm looking forward to Symphonic Band my sophmore year and hopefully Wind Ensemble too... Oh and Pep Band. And District Honor Band, but that's a whole different story.
I'm doing this thing (for band- what a shock) called Solo Ensemble Festival. It will be my fourth year participating. I'm doing a trio with a couple of other clarinets and a clarinet ensemble with 8 other clarinets. I'm pretty stoked for that myslef, considering i never thought I would be invited into the group and I enjoy hanging with/ playing with the other members of the ensemble. We just got the music today, and our first practice will be on Tuesday or something like that. Excitment!
Oh and I almost forgot. The same people that convinced me to get this blog also convinced me to start this class at the community college. The class is called Clarinet Choir. It's only been a week, but I've enjoyed it so far. I'm really excited to see where it goes.
So I'm basically what people call a band geek. And i never deny it. I'm rather proud actually. Almost every social thing I do is band related, and almost every friend I have is in band.
So I guess that's the background to me. Oh another fact- I like to go to bed pretty early, (well, compared to most teenagers.) so i think I'll leave now and sleep.
Thanks for reading!

-Julia

2 comments:

Josh said...

Nice, blog Julia. Let me know if you need help with some of its nifty little features.

Clarinet Choir will be fun once we get all settled in. I'm gladdened to realize that you (and Marcea) are really into the clarinet and music thing. I'm really proud of you guys, carrying on the generation and whatnot.

Happy weekend to you

Sheena said...

HI JULIA!!!! I'm so excited that you got a blog. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Monochrome III will be interesting.HAHA DId you see the crazy dissonance in that piece?! Anyways I'm happy you joined clarinet choir and I WILL sit next to you and Marcea next Wednesday for sure. Have a nice weekend and I'll see ya on Tuesday!!!