Monday, February 11, 2008

Movies and Fruit

Our three day weekend is over now and i have accomplished nothing. Well, not nothing, just nothing spectacular. I've done a whole lot of English homework, visited my family, ate some tacos, and practiced my clarinet for approximately 8 hours... maybe 9...
I watched a couple of movies too. Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End and National Treasure: Book of Secrets. The third Pirates is a decent movie, but sometimes I get that one and the second one mixed up. But what I like about it is the soundtrack. There are just a couple of parts in the movie where you just listen and say... "Hey, that was cool."
Then I saw National Treasure 2 for the third time. The first time was at the midnight showing, which was kind of lame, since there were about 20 people in the theater. The second time was with some clarinet friends, which was fun, even though we missed 10 minutes of it and we were sitting in the second row. And the most recent time I saw it with my dad. The movie is okay, but I think I liked the first one better.
I was watching the Grammy's the other day thinking- "I have no idea who any of these people are." I'm only half way into the show on tivo, but still. Oh that's right. I knew who Fiest was. I shouldn't say I didn't know why they were, just that I had never listened to their songs. Most of the bands I like aren't very popular, but oh well.
So now for the random stuff- What is your favorite fruit? Personally, I like pineapple and cantaloupe. And yes, that is how you spell cantaloupe... can·ta·loupe [kan-tl-ohp]–noun
1. a variety of melon, of the gourd family, having a hard scaly or warty rind, grown in Europe, Asia, and the United States.... Wow, of the gourd family. I didn't know that. Apples are good to, as well as bananas. And I actually like tangelos more than oranges. But anyways, what is your favorite fruit? Hmm, and now that I think of it, I probably know the favorite fruits of all of my blog audience. Considering I can only think of 3 or 4 people that would actually read this.
Before I go, I also wanted to wish a Happy Birthday to President Lincoln and thank him for a relaxing, non-productive, three-day weekend. Now I'm going to go eat a Costco muffin.

5 comments:

Marcea said...

Niiice. I like ur title "Movies and Fruit" its random, hehe it reminds me of sushi and poptarts ^_^

Go cHerman the Cantaloupe!! (Polly was mean! =P) Wooo...that word is a tricky one!! lol my favorite fruit is apples...yay!! well, I was coming on here to get the link for monochrome, soooooooo i best be going!!

love ya!
Marcea

Josh said...

Pears and piƱa's (have to be really ripe) take the platinum (yes, I said platinum not gold) bananas come in second, and finishing off my list is the Orange and its various cousins.
Honorable mentions include strawberries, pomegranates, and mangoes.

Sheena said...

My favorite fruit is the banana. I also love mangoes.

I've never seen Nat Treasure II but I've seen the first one. I love anything about history really.

HAHAHA I love costco muffins!!!love costco too...i like running down the aisles and sliding when no one is looking. Try it. It's very entertaining. One time I even saw Nithya and Jamie. It was funny!

Marcea said...

hahaha
i love running down the aisles at costco then sliding...its like practically the ONLY store u can do it on because of the flooring ^_^

Julia said...

Thanks for the input guys. I'm glad many of us share the same fruit preferences. No one really likes melons i realize, but tropical fruits and berries are in! I've never actually tried a pomegranate, but they look kind of strange. Next time I find one, I'll try it.
Costco is one of the few places I like to shop. I've never tried to slide on the floors, but it sounds like fun. Knowing me, I'd probably fall over. And Costco muffins are amazing. And their danishes.