Friday, February 8, 2008

Monochrome III

Okay, if this works, then you should be able to listen to Monochrome III, by Peter Schickele (pdq bach.) It is pretty cool and kinda ugly sounding. On this recording, there is like 3 minutes of talking before they play, so just stay with it.
http://www.wgte.org/fmlive/ram/9-2-05_schickele.ram
Yea, all day I've been working on this piece. And for anyone who has seen it, I've especially been working on the 16th notes in the middle of the song. I could get a measure number, but I don't really feel like it. (Hey, it's a Friday, I'm allowed to be lazy.)
Well I hope the link works.

-Julia

3 comments:

Marcea said...

Hey Julia! Nice blog =]

Monochrome is really cool! The 16th notes are going to sound awesome! Well, I guess I'd better be going, I'm rather sick =p thanks for the apple cider vinegar yesterday though!

luv ya!
Marcea

Sheena said...

Monochrome III is super spectacular and is meant to sound ugly...a musical kind of ugly. There is part where you guys play sixteenth notes, i play triplets, josh plays eigth notes, john plays quarter triplets, and clark plays quarter notes on the wierdest scale. It's really really ugly and wierd at times but Schickele is known for that. I'm sure it's going to be fun.

Julia said...

Sheena- Yea, I know it's supposed to sound ugly, and I like it. Ha, I know the spot your talking about. It sounds amazing there, but I actually rest both of the times we play that. The song is challenging, but that's why i love it...